Sunday, July 30, 2017

Happy International Day of Friendship

Just saw on the SSS Blog that it's International Day of Friendship.  That's really every day for me as I'm blessed with blogging friends all over the world.  I'm one of those people who mails a lot of cards--just ask my hubby who often takes them to the post office.  Here are a couple cards I've made over the last few days that will be mailed this week.
First up, get your sunglasses--haha!  I went kind of crazy with the background & almost tore the card apart.  Now that I've seen it for a few days, it's grown on me & will hopefully appeal to the recipient.  
I began with a blended scrap (my new favorite combo of fossilized amber, abandoned coral & candied apple) that had some failed stamping on it. There was just enough room to die cut the PTI word which I covered with Wink of Stella & Crystal Laquer.  
Tried a lot of colors & finally decided on kraft cardstock. The Stamplorations flourish image is clear embossed & I added tiny ink dots using my stylist.  The sentiment is from PTI Wonderful Words: Friends. The background is done with the same Distress Inks, but the yellow is mostly covered up.  I see lots of beautiful effects using water drops on DI, so really went for it this time using a lot more water than I usually do. Finished off with Lemon Drop Nuvo Jewel drops.  I'm entering Stamplorations Theme, CropStop, The Playground & SSS Wednesday.
Snippets Playground Badge
Now you can take off the sunglasses & rest your eyes with my Winnie & Walter July Color Challenge card.  Yep--used all the other pieces from the first card--yah! 

I do love my Brilliance inks, especially the pearlescent colors like the jade & lime used here.  This time I used the W&W The Leaf Effect Cutaway as a background for the SSS Painted Happy Birthday which I'd forgotten I had.  Once again the words are covered in Wink of Stella & Crystal Lacquer.  
I did the same thing to the Penny Black balloon die & luckily found a matching pearl.  I'm also entering SSS Flickr challenge #76 & SSS Wednesday.

We're bracing for 3 days of unprecedented temps--up to 110! Fritz is going to think he's back in Phoenix where he was born! No fires near us (knock on wood!) & no floods or tornadoes, so we really can't complain. Hope things are OK where you are & I truly thank you for your continued friendship!

27 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards, Greta. I love the brightness of the first one and the softness of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are wonderful Greta - two really great color combos and designs! don't send those high temps eastward!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards, Greta. I love the rich colours of the first one and the kraft card is a perfect combination. The shiny colours on the second card are so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour combination on the first card for the die cut sentiment...will be filing that one away. I love the card and so glad you posted it (no pun intended x). The vibrant and glorious background is great with the kraft. Yes I took a double take on the second card as I thought you had posted it again!!! So glad to see what you did with the fall outs etc from the first card you did...so pretty Greta and great choice of colours x Hope you manage to keep cool x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your two cards are beautiful, Greta. I love the message of the first one and the lovely colours of the second. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards Miss Greta...and that orange card is simply stunning in my book! Just the perfect shade of beautiful orange! Love the soft sweet colors of your second card, so peaceful and calming, makes for a wonderful birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cards Greta, that orange is fantastic. I love how you've used that leaf background...you work it so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards, Greta! I do love the bright orange and blending of colors on the sentiment! Second card is wonderful, also! Awesome blues and greens with shiny sentiment, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first card looks like a beautiful sunset Greta! The lucky recipient will treasure it. Your second card is lovely and refreshing. Great way to use up those leftovers! Oh boy, 110 is HOT. Guess you'll just have to stay inside and make more beautiful cards for our viewing pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fab cards, Greta - just love the kraft/orange combo on card 1 and the inlaid bits on card 2. Great shimmer too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the warm colors and everything on the first card! Somebody will be very happy... Glad to hear that you are mailing those beautiful cards you make!
    The shimmery goodness of the second card is gorgeous and the colors are so summery!
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. two stunners. Love the colours of your die cut against the kraft card on your first one. And the second one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards and I have to say I LOVE the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both your cards! The distress ink combo is perfect especially with the kraft cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful blending and a fantastic color result! I love the blending on the friends die cut and it looks perfect on the kraft c/s. The Brilliant inks are such gorgeous colors and that is a great card. Keep cool during your heat wave. Good time to stay indoors and stay hydrated. Fritz will be happy to see fall arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow - so vibrant and sunny - something to match the warmth of your predicted 110F - they are the sorts of temperatures we reach in extreme Summer weather. OK if one does not have to go out into it. The intense colour looks great on the Kraft and I like the ombre effect on the title. Love the cool colours of your second card and it always feels good to use the negatives from a previous die cut. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful projects Greta, I especially like the friendship card!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome cards Greta! Love the shine on that Birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Greta - both are stunning. LOVE the vivid snippets card - that's going to brighten up someone's day I'm sure, it's such a 'happy' card!

    Stay safe in those temperatures my friend!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved those Brilliance inks, too, Greta - and they are "brilliant" (ha ha) here! (I thought at first you'd used a colored mousse or something.) Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards, Greta! I love the one you linked up to Cropstop - bright colors and all! It puts me in mind of fall, the kraft cardstock was just the right touch!!
    Thanks for linking this up to Cropstop - I'm so happy you play along each month!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite color palette and such a stunning design! Happy friendship day to you, my friend! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like snail mail more than e-cards too, yours are pretty! Happy international friendship day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I missed lots of posts and you created quite a few gems! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card; such a fab design and colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE the vibrant orange in your card:)) Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the vibrant colours on these two beauties Greta. I particularly love the kraft card with the beautiful bright background - a genius pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. these are both awesome, great designs! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.